GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Version 4: Effective 23.12.2020
I. INTRODUCTION AND CONTRACTING PARTIES
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all aspects of use of the website www.bet9ja.com and any of its subdomains (the “Website”), the online betting account via the Website (the “Account”) and the gaming and gambling products and betting services operated via the Website (the “Services”). The Website is operated by KC Gaming Limited (“Bet9Ja” or “we” or “us” and variations of the same), a company duly organized under the laws of Nigeria, with business registration RC 1035305.
- Please read these General Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use any section of the Website. By using any section of the Website and/or by registering the Account, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions together with:
the Sport Terms and Conditions;
the Live Betting Terms and Conditions;
the Virtual Terms and Conditions;
the Casino Terms and Conditions;
any other rule and terms and conditions available in the Bet9Ja Help Pages; and
II. ACCESS AND USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES
- Bet9ja does not warrant the constant availability and functionality of the Website or any Services. We reserve the right to withdraw, suspend or amend any aspect or feature of the Website and/or any Service or part of the Service without notice. In addition, Bet9Ja may, in its absolute discretion, change the content of the Website or the Services (including, without limitation, any of the betting products or elements of these products) at any time.
- You shall use the Website and any of the Services for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You shall not reproduce the Website or any part of in any form or create links that suggest any form of association, approval, sponsorship or endorsement on our part without Bet9Ja’s express written consent.
- Where the Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of these sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of the same, any of their content or the use of any information they may acquire about you (including personal data). Any such link does not constitute an endorsement by Bet9Ja of the use of that link, the company or organisation behind that link or the contents of the website reached using that link.
- The Account and any Services accessed through the Website may be used for the lawful purposes only and in a lawful manner, in your capacity as the private individual. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transaction performed by you via the Website. You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website or the Services. Any information or data accessed by you via the Website or any part of it (including, but not limited to, results, statistics, sporting data and fixture lists and odds, hereunder “Information or Data”) is for your personal use only and the distribution or commercial exploitation of such Information or Data is strictly prohibited. You shall not use any automated systems or software to copy and/or extract the whole or any part the Information or Data for any purposes.
- The Customer is solely responsible for making all arrangements necessary to have access to the Website, the Account and/or the Services. Bet9Ja cannot guarantee that the Website or any of the Services will be compatible with any hardware or software used by you. For some of the Services you may need to download software in order to use them and if provided by us, we will licence the software to you for the purposes of utilising the Services by you only (or sub-license to you, to the extent the software is owned by a third party). Downloads may involve placing files and installation software on the hard drive of your device. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Website is done at your own discretion and risk. Bet9ja shall not accept any liability for any failures or issues that arise due to disconnection or unavailability of any of the Services in general and/or under your Account for whichever reason, including, without limitations, due to any equipment or software under our control or not, or operated by us or not, our equipment, internet connection or internet or telecommunication services provider, including, without limitation, your inability to view the Website content, place bets or access any of the Services.
You are only permitted to use any software made available via the Website for the purpose of using products on the Website and no other purposes. The software is owned and is exclusive property of Bet9Ja or its licensors and is protected by the applicable law. Your use of software does not give you any ownership of any intellectual property rights in software.
- All indicated dates and times are based on WAT (West Africa Time).
- The right to access and/or use the Website and/or the Services (including any or all of the products offered via the Website) may be illegal in certain countries (including, for example, the USA). You are responsible for determining whether accessing and/or use of the Website and/or the Services is compliant with the applicable laws in your jurisdiction. The Website and/or any of the Services does not constitute an offer, solicitation or invitation by Bet9ja for the use of betting or other services in any countries where such activities are deemed to be illegal. Each person should ensure that he/she would be acting legally in the country where he/she is located while using the Website and/or the Services. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any breach of any state or country law that may occur as a result of your usage of the Website.
- If the Customer uses the Services from a location falling outside Nigeria, such activity shall be subject to all appropriate exchange control regulations and the laws of the foreign jurisdiction from which such activity originates and it shall be the responsibility of the Customer to ensure full compliance with the same. Bet9ja makes no warranties and shall not be liable to the Customer if it is not able to remit any monies held by it to any account held by the Customer in a foreign jurisdiction.
- The Services are available in Nigerian Naira (NGN) only.
IV. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- A Customer must register an Account to utilise any of the Services. Bet9Ja reserves the right to refuse to register your Account with or without cause.
(b) Bet9Ja reserves the right to verify the Customer’s age at any time. In the event that you are found to have breached the clause 2 (a) or any of the representations and warranties therein are deemed false, we may (i) cancel any bet you have placed; (ii) not pay any winnings that may otherwise be payable in respect of such bet; (iii) terminate the Account and (iv) refer the matter to the police, family and/or appropriate regulatory authority.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all details you provide us in satisfaction of our verification checks are kept up to date.
- You cannot buy, sell or transfer the Account to other User(s). You shall not transfer or sell your Account and/or acquire or accept a transfer of another registered Account with Bet9Ja from another person.
- Bet9Ja does not allow any employee, anyone else in any way connected to such employee or anyone otherwise connected to a third party service provider (to be determined at Bet9ja’s absolute discretion) to bet on any market or event where the respective service provider is providing the service to Bet9Ja. All such bets shall be void.
- When opening an Account, you may be allocated or may be requested to choose the username and will need to create a password. You must keep all Account information secure at all times, including the Account username and password. You are responsible for the security of your Account and all transactions performed under your Account. If you lose or forget your username and/or password, you should change your password without delay via your Account, the Website or by contacting us. If you believe or have reasons to suspect that a third party is aware of or may have access to any Account information, including your email or mobile number, contact us immediately. Bet9Ja has no reason to believe that at the time of acceptance of the bet, the bet was not placed by you. All the bets will stand if the correct user name and password are entered to access the Account. Bet9Ja shall not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of misuse of username(s) and/or passwords(s) or from any unauthorised use of your Account, whether fraudulent or otherwise.
(i) suspend your Account for up to 90 days; and/or
(ii) restrict you from withdrawing funds from your Account and/or making deposits and/or placing the bets; and/or
(iii) prevent you from accessing your Account; and/or
(iv) terminate your Account.
- Account Suspension and Termination. Without limiting or restricting Bet9Ja’s right to rely on any remedies available to it, we may exclude the User from the Services, suspend and/or terminate the Account and/or cancel any bets placed under the Account, including the winning bets, at our absolute discretion and without having to disclose the reason.
If you have any query regarding your Account, it is your sole responsibility to notify Bet9Ja as soon as possible and provide all relevant information as we may require.
V. DEPOSITS AND WITHDRAWLS
- You can deposit the funds into your Account with one of the payment methods made available by Bet9ja. The bank account registered by you under the Account must be a bank account operated by a Nigerian licensed bank only. Bet9Ja reserves the right to verify the ownership of the payment method(s) utilised to credit your Account and/or ownership or origin of the funds by requesting supporting evidence from you. If you deposit funds using a payment method (bank account, credit or debit card) that is not your own, and without limiting our rights, we may suspend your Account granted hereunder, we may request from you additional information and documentation we may deem necessary to demonstrate that you are authorised to use the respective payment method. Your Account may remain suspended until you provide and we verify the information requested. In no way does this limit the other remedies that may be available to us in the event that you did not have permission and authorisation to use another person’s payment method or if any of the Services require the deposit(s) to be made from the payment method that is issued or registered in your name. If we determine that a deposit into your Account is from a bank account or other payment method held or issued not in your name, or from the monies provided to you by a third party to be used for wagering, then we may elect to refund the deposit directly back to its source. If this determination occurs after bets have been placed under your Account, your bets will be voided and we will not be obliged to pay any winnings which might otherwise have been payable to you or reimburse you for any loss incurred. Bet9ja does not charge the fees for deposits made by bank transfers, credit or debit cards however, your payment provider’s charges may apply. The minimum and maximum deposit amount may apply depending on the type of the payment method you choose and you can only bet up to the amount available on your Account. Please refer to our FAQs pages. Any deposits that are subject to the bonus promotion offer will be regulated by the bonus promotion rules and may not be available for withdrawal.
- Bet9Ja reserves the right to change the payment methods we accept from time to time. Furthermore, in our absolute discretion and without giving reason, we reserve the right to refuse to accept any type of payment method presented to us irrespective of whether we have previously accepted such payment method type from you or would usually accept that payment type from any Customer.
- The Customer may withdraw the available cash balance of the Account (this will include any winnings received from any stakes made from the cash balance of the Account) by making a withdraw request from the Account, to the same bank account provided upon registration, or any other bank account registered by the Customer under the Account, each registered in the User’s name and which may be subject to verification.
- Bet9Ja reserves the right to reject any withdrawal of funds if it appears to be linked with transactions predominantly performed with the purpose of allowing the transfer of money from one payment method to another payment method, including, without limitation un-played deposits withdrawals
- Bet9ja may undertake any verification checks at withdrawal as may be required by Bet9Ja or by third parties (including, but not limited to, regulatory bodies). Bet9Ja may suspend the availability of any withdrawal method and/or the withdrawal function available in the Account until the completion of the verification checks and/or suspend the Account and/or any of the Services availability.
Without limiting the provisions of Clause III (3), upon withdrawal request initiated by you, you may be requested to send us a copy of your ID (front/rear) and any or all of the following documents :
– In case of credit card transactions, a copy of the card used to make the payment, showing the last 4 digits only;
– A copy of an official document (bank statement, debit card statement etc.) no older than one calendar month, showing your billing address, bank account number and Bet9Ja related transactions where applicable;
– Any other document that may be relevant in order to complete the check.
Your cooperation and compliance with our requests will speed up the verification process.
- The withdrawals are generally processed within 5 banking days, subject to verification process which may apply. Bet9ja does not accept any liability for any delays which may be due to the payment provider.
- The Customer shall not attempt any charge-backs, reversals or otherwise cancel any deposit previously made into the Account. If we incur any charge-backs, reversals or other charges in respect of your Account, we reserve the right to charge you for and/or set off from your Account balance the relevant amounts incurred.
- You are responsible for reporting your winnings to the tax and/or other authorities as may be applicable from time to time.
VI. PLACING BETS
- You acknowledge that we have no obligation to accept any bet or wager that you may wish to place with us. We reserve the right to decline, or limit, any bet that a user wishes to place prior to its acceptance.
- All bets are subject to the maximum pay-out limit which may be subject to change. Your bet will be deemed valid when accepted by Bet9Ja server and (i) for all the sports bets, your betslip appears on your Account with the confirmation message that you bet has been placed and the betting slip number on the bet slip and (ii) for all the bets placed on the games, when bet ID appears on your Account (the “Accepted Bet”). You cannot cancel or change the Accepted Bet. Only Accepted Bets will appear on your Account and shall be deemed as the valid bets.
- Bet9Ja is not liable for the settlement of any bets that are not Accepted Bets or for invalid bets. The winnings due on undisputed valid bets made from the cash balance of your Account will be added to the cash balance of your Account once settled. This balance will remain on your Account unless you submit a request that part, or all, of the qualifying balance for withdrawal.
- Without prejudice to any specific terms applicable to any of the Services and any of the terms hereunder, Bet9Ja reserves the right to withhold payment of the winnings and to declare bet void if we have evidence that the following has occurred:
(i) the integrity of the event has been called into question;
(ii) the price(s) or pool has been manipulated;
(iii) match-rigging has taken place;
(iv) you were under 18 years of age when you placed the bet;
(v) you were in a jurisdiction (or a resident of a jurisdiction) that renders the provision of our products or services to you or your use of them illegal when you placed the bet; or
VII. BONUSES / PROMOTIONS & REWARDS
- We may make available the bonus offers, promotions or reward programs on the website, your email registered under your Account or social media. You can find more information under your Account and our help pages.
- Your eligibility for the offer or promotion and/or participation in the rewards program will be subject to the terms and conditions for the respective bonus offer, promotion or rewards program available on the website and/or your Account.
- Bet9ja reserves the right to deny or to terminate any bonuses, promotions and/or special offerings, as well as to modify, suspend or discontinue their validity at its sole discretion and without informing the Customer.
VIII. TRANSFER OF FUNDS BETWEEN ACCOUNTS
- You may transfer the funds from your Account to another Account (the “Transfer of funds” or “Transferred funds”) provided you have completed account verification procedure, as notified to you by Bet9Ja under the Account, and subject to the limits available here.
- Transfer of funds is permitted between the betting Accounts only and cannot be withdrawn by the receiver. Bet9Ja reserves the right to request proof of identity from the sender and/or the receiver at any time for any reason.
- The entire amount of the Transferred funds must be wagered at least 1x, at odds of 1.5 or more on sports (live, pre-match or zoom) or on Bet9ja League, Bet9ja races, Bet9ja Play, Virtual or on any casino play, before it can be withdrawn, if applicable. No portion of the Transferred funds may be used to obtain or contribute towards a bonus or promotion.
- Once confirmed, the Transfer of funds cannot be reversed to the sender or cancelled. The receiver may return the entire amount of the Transferred funds or part of it to the sender only.
IX. RESPONSIBLE GAMING
- We believe in Responsible Gaming and take our responsibility in this matter seriously. Gambling should be an exciting pastime, and we urge our Customers to have fun, but not bet beyond their means. Bet9ja is committed to endorsing responsible wagering among its Customers as well as promoting the awareness of problem gambling and improving prevention, intervention and treatment.
- We undertake any effort in order to ensure your pleasant online gaming experience while playing in Bet9ja, keeping full awareness of the financial harms associated with problem gambling. With regard to the purposes pointed out herewith, we do strongly suggest our Customers to try keeping clearly separate gambling from his/her daily activities; considering the lasting time of each gambling session before its commencing; not to treat gambling as an alternative source of income or a way to recoup debit.
- The Customer may request to our Customer Service temporary or permanent self-exclusion from part or all of the Services as well as the termination of the Account at any time. We will use all our reasonable endeavours to ensure compliance with self-exclusion; however, you accept that we are not liable if you manage to by-pass our security measures in circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control. You can access self- exclusion options under your Account or contact us via email@example.com .
X. ERRORS AND OMISSIONS
- Bet9Ja makes an effort to ensure there are no errors made in its systems utilised to make the Website and/or the Services available for use. However, human and/or system’s error may occasionally result in errors. Bet9Ja reserves the right to correct any error, whenever identified, and to void any bets placed where such error occurred.
- A number of circumstances may arise where a bet is accepted, or a payment is made by us in error. A non-exhaustive list of such circumstances is as follows:
(a) where we misstate any odds or terms of a bet as a result of obvious error or omission in inputting the information or setting up a market, or as a result of a computer malfunction;
(b) where we have made a ‘palpable error’. A palpable error occurs where:
(i) in relation to bets placed prior to an event taking place, the prices/terms offered are materially different from those available in the general market; or
(ii) in relation to any event, the price/terms offered at the time the bet is placed are clearly incorrect given the probability of the event occurring;
(c) where we have continued to accept bets on a market which should have been suspended or had already finished (referred to as ‘late bets’);
(e) where we should not have accepted, or have the right to cancel or re-settle, a bet pursuant to any of the relevant terms and conditions applicable to any of the Services;
(f) where an error is made by us as to the amount of winnings/returns that are paid to you, including as a result of a manual or computer input error; or
(g) where an error has been made by us as to the amount of free bets and/or bonuses that are credited to your Account;
(h) where a bet containing incompatible events is accidentally accepted, because of human or technical error;
(i) where systems or communication error occurs related to the generation of random numbers;
(j) failure of any of our systems;
such circumstances being referred to as an “Error“.
- Bet9Ja reserves the right to:
(a) correct any Error made on a bet placed and re-settle the same at the correct price or terms which were available or should have been available on the Website at the time that the bet was placed and the bet will be deemed to have taken place on the terms which were usual for that bet; or
(b) where it is not reasonably practicable to correct and re-settle under paragraph 2 (a) above, to declare the bet void and return the stake to the Account; or
- If we wrongly pay an amount to you or we pay you more than the amount to which you are properly entitled to, you agree to repay to us immediately upon request from us the amount that has been wrongly paid or overpaid to you. The Customer must inform Bet9Ja as soon as possible of any amount wrongly credited to their Account. We have the authority to adjust your Account to reflect the true outcome and rectify the Error. This includes, without limitation, cancelling the bets or winnings from the events or games where you have used the funds, which have been credited to the Account or awarded to you as a result of an Error. Bet9Ja may withhold any winnings which you may have won with such funds and you will immediately repay to us any such amounts when a demand for repayment is made. Without prejudice to the foregoing, Bet9Ja may set off such amounts from any positive balance on your Account pursuant to the provisions of Clause IV (9).
- Neither we (including our employees or agents), nor our partners or suppliers, shall be liable for any loss, including loss of winnings, that results from any Error by us or any mistake made by you in utilising the Services.
- You shall inform us as soon as reasonably practicable should you become aware of any Error and stop immediately any further activity in relation to the Service(s) the Error applies to.
- If you want to report an Error or have any questions please contact the Customer Support Team. Please note that any calls to our Customer Support Team may be monitored or recorded for training and quality management purposes and to assist us in quick and effective resolution of queries.
- In the event that the printed version of a document or of a coupon differs from the web version, the latter shall prevail. In the event of any dispute, the Customer agrees that the records of our server shall act as the final authority in determining the outcome of any claim.
XI. NO WARRANTY
- Bet9Ja will endeavour to provide the Website and/or any Services using our reasonable skill and care. We make no further warranty or representation, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website and/or the Services. All implied warranties or conditions of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, completeness or accuracy are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- No warranty is given as to the uninterrupted provision of any Information or Data via the Website or any part of it, its accuracy or as to the results obtained through its use. The Information or Data is not intended to amount to advice or recommendations and is provided for information purposes only. It should not be relied upon when placing bets, which are made at your own risk and discretion.
- Further, Bet9Ja makes no warranties that the Website and/or any of the Services will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available or the Services are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials or as to results or the accuracy of any information obtained by you through the Website.
XII. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- You agree that your use of the Website and any of the Services is at your sole risk.
- Bet9Ja does not accept any liability for any damages, liabilities or losses of any kind, which are deemed or alleged to have arisen out of or in connection with the Website, any of its content, the Account and/or any of the Services (including delays or interruptions in operation or transmission, communication or lines failure, any person’s misuse of the Website, the Account and/or the Services or any error). Bet9Ja shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or in any other way (arising directly or indirectly) for:
- We are not liable for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website and/or the Account or otherwise transmitted to us and you confirm that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to, or suspension or discontinuance of the Services or any part or component thereof. Bet9Ja reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Services without any liability whatsoever.
- Furthermore, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer because of any act of God, power failure, trade or labour dispute, act, failure or omission of any governmental authority or the government, obstruction of any telecommunication services or networks, or any other act, omission, delay or failure caused by a third party or otherwise outside of our control.
(i) the amount of the bet relevant to the which the liability in question has arisen; and
(ii) where funds paid by you into your Account have been misplaced by us, the return of the same amount into your Account.
- Nothing in the Terms or Use shall exclude or limit Bet9Ja’s liability for liability that cannot be excluded by the applicable law.
XIII. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit, tamper with or create derivative works of such material and content.
XIV. COMPLAINTS AND CLAIMS
- All complaints regarding a bet placed through the Services or a game played, must be communicated to Bet9ja within 15 calendar days from the date of the settlement of the bet, or if still pending, from the date of acceptance of the bet. All complaints must be addressed to Customer Services, and need to include your Account User ID and the details of the transaction.
- All claims with regards to unresolved complaints or any disputes regarding the outcome of the complaint resolution must be sent in writing to Customer Services, KC Gaming Networks Limited, Tomi’s House, 9 Funsho Williams Avenue, Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos, within 15 calendar days from the date of the resolution of the complaint. Ensure to include your Account User ID, the details of the transaction your claim relates to and all the relevant correspondence with Customer Service. Failure to provide the correct and full details, or requests sent after 15 calendar days from the date of the resolution of the complaint, will result in disregarding the claim.
- Without prejudice to the provisions of Clause IX (8), the User acknowledges that the outcome of the games played through the Services shall be determined by the random number generator where applicable and the results that appear on the game server will at all times prevail. You further agree that our server records will be the final authority in determining the terms and circumstances or your use of the Services and the associated results.
- Offensive or rude language, as well as malicious or damaging comments, will not be tolerated while contacting our staff or while discussing our products and services in any media, network or forum. Any infringement of this policy will result in a suspension of the Account or in every additional action as may be permitted by law.
If Bet9Ja fails to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of subsequent default. No waiver by Bet9Ja shall be effective unless provided in writing, excluding email.
XVII. ASSIGNMENT AND TRANSFER
XVIII. RELATIONSHIP AND THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
XIX. APPLICABLE LAW AND PLACE OF JURISDICTION
- Any bet placed by the Customer shall be governed by the applicable provisions of the Nigeria Criminal Code Act, CAP. 22 and any regulations and rules made in terms thereof, as amended from time to time. It shall be the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that he/she is aware of these provisions.
XX. ENTIRE AGREEMENT