How to verify your account
Here you will find all the information you need to verify your account before requesting a withdrawal of funds or to add a new bank account.
To request a withdrawal or to add a new bank account, we will need to verify your email address first and then verify your account.
Only the following documents will be accepted as proof of identification:
- NIN Slip
- NIN ID card
- Voter’s Card
- Driver’s License
Follow these steps from your mobile phone to verify your account:
- Log into your Bet9ja account
- Go to the withdrawals page
- Tap on the button “Start Verification” (this is the step after verifying your email account)
- Choose your country of residence
- A document to verify. You will need to take a picture of it or upload it from the phone’s Gallery. You may need to allow access to the app to use your camera
- Take a picture of the front side of your document
- Take a picture of the back side of your document
- Submit your information
Now you are ready!
After you submit your information, you will receive confirmation of the status of your request within three minutes. If you don’t receive the confirmation automatically, your documents may need a manual check that can take up to 72 hours. You will be contacted by our team to continue the verification process.
If you can’t add a new bank account and see the “Star verification” page again, please, upload a better picture of your documents.
Once your documents have been verified, the withdrawal page will be open for you.
I didn’t start the verification process on a phone. How can I switch to a mobile device?
The screen will ask you to scan the QR code to move to a mobile device. You can use any mobile device that has a camera and internet access. Do not worry; your information will be protected.
What happens if after 72 hours my document is not validated?
It could be that your document is not valid or is damaged, the picture uploaded is blurry, or that the name in your account is not the same as the name in your ID. Our team will contact you to request another type of documentation to continue with the process.