I. PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data we receive helps us provide, personalise, and continually improve the Services. We use the information to enable you to use the Services, process payments, communicate with you about your Account activity, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and maintain your Account with us, display content, and recommend our products and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our Services, prevent, detect or report fraud or abuses of our Services and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, or other functions on our behalf.
Information you give us: We collect the following information when you open an Account with us: first name, surname, gender, date of birth, place of birth, postal address, email address, phone number, language, currency, a valid original copy of an official document bearing his names and photographs (passport or ID card). You may give us additional information that qualifies as Personal Data as part of your use of the Account and/or any of the Services.
Automatic Information: We automatically receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and other unique identifiers and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser or device accesses our Services. Refer to your Web browser cookies setting options for more information how to manage your cookies settings. Please note that we may not be able to provide you with all the site features and Services functionalities should you block or reject the cookies.
You will also be required to provide login details of your choice, namely a username, password which will be kept by us. We additionally require you to provide us with a payment method and payment details (such as bank transfer, credit card or another acceptable means of payment) in order that you can credit your Account and make the withdrawals.
You can access a broad range of information about your Account and your interactions with us, including your Personal Data. You may access that information about you by logging into your Account. You also have the right to access your personal data at any time in order to make alterations to any personal information that may have changed or become obsolete. Should you believe that any personal information we hold for you is incorrect, please contact our customer services here.
II. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We process your Personal Data to operate, provide and improve the Services. These purposes include:
• Use of Bet9ja products and your Account: We use your Personal Data to process your bets, payments to and from Account and communicate with you about gaming activity, products, services, and promotional offers.
• Provide, troubleshoot, and improve the Service: We use your Personal Data to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of the Services.
• Recommendations: We may use your Personal Data to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you and to identify your preferences.
• Comply with legal and contractual requirements: In certain cases, we are required by law to collect and process your Personal Data.
• Communicate with you: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to the Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
• Advertising: We may use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
• Fraud Prevention: We process information to prevent or detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Bet9ja, and others.
III. WILL BET9JA DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
• Protection of Bet9ja and Others: We disclose Account and other Personal Data when we believe disclosure is appropriate or required to comply with the law; enforce or apply our General Terms and Conditions and other agreements we have with you; or protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our users, or others. This also includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection reduction as well as sharing information with our attorneys, auditors, and other representatives.
Bet9ja shall in no manner whatsoever be held responsible for the manner in which third parties process and/or store the personal data of our customers.
Bet9ja shall only be responsible for its obligations to you in relation to your Personal Data as the data controller under the applicable laws and it does not warrant the standard of the privacy policies of any of the third parties.
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
• We work to protect the security of your information you provide to our web sites by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt that information during transmission.
• We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
• It is important for you to take steps to protect against unauthorised access to your account and your password. You should keep your password and any security questions confidential. The security of your Account relies on your protection of your password and security questions. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PASSWORD. If you do share your password with a third party for any reason, the third party may have access to your account and your personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your password. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately and also contact us right away.
V. PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
VI. PROTECTION OF MINORS
The online betting and gaming services that we offer are strictly prohibited for persons less than 18 years of age or under the age of legal consent for using online betting and gaming services under the laws of the jurisdiction in which the person is located.
Consequently, minors shall not register and play on our Site. We collect proof of identification from our customers as part of our age verification process.
Any minor who is found to be gambling on Bet9ja shall have his/her Account immediately blocked. Bet9ja reserves the right to conduct a security review to validate your identity and age. Registration of the Account authorises us to conduct such security reviews supplied by you against third party databases.
VII. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
In compliance with Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (2019), GREGOR ATAKPO (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Oluwafemi Fadeyi (email@example.com ) are hereby designated as data protection officers. You may contact any of them for any issue or enquiries regarding your data.
VIII. INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
By virtue of using this website, you have certain rights available to you, these rights include:
The right to be informed
The rights to access
Individuals have the right to access information Bet9ja holds, access their personal data and other supplementary information and obtain information about how we process it. The right to access your personal information held by us. Your right of access can be exercised by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The right to restrict processing
Individuals have a right to ‘block’ or withdraw their consent to our processing of your information, which you can do at any time. When processing is restricted, we might continue to retain such data if there are valid legal, regulatory or operational reasons, but not to further process it.
The right to rectification
Individuals are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If this personal data in question has been disclosed to third parties, they must be informed of the rectification where possible. Bet9ja will also inform the individuals about the third parties to whom the data has been disclosed where appropriate.
The right to deletion
Individuals have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data without prejudice to compelling legal or regulatory requirement for its continued processing or retention. Bet9ja will make sure that this right is protected. Where a Customer has requested for deletion of their data or restriction to processing, the customer will not or may not be able to use our services.
The right to data portability
Upon request for same, we will ensure that personal data is moved, copied or transferred easily from one betting environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
The right to object
Individuals have the right to object to our processing of their information in some circumstances.
Individuals are responsible for making sure the information provided to Bet9ja is accurate and should inform Bet9ja on any changes as it occurs, this will enable us to update your information with us.
Right to lodge a complaint
If you are dissatisfied with the way and manner your personal data is being handled by us as your personal data controller, you have a right to lodge a complaint against Bet9ja to National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
Bet9ja shall take no responsibility whatsoever for events beyond its control inclusive of, but not limited to, acts of god or natural disasters and including power cuts and strikes.
Effective Date: 15th July 2022